Have fun at home with your children this holiday
with this easy Christmas recipe.
Children and littl’uns will enjoy watching thepastry
puff up in the oven before eating every last crumb!
230 g Puff pastry
12 lollipop sticks
Sesame seeds (untoasted)
Shaped dough cutters
1 125 g tin of tuna
10 chopped olives
2 tbsp cream cheese
1 tbsp tomato purée
1. Mix together the ingredients of your filling
2. Roll out the puff pastry and cut out with shape-cutters )you will need two identical cut-outs per parcel)
3. Spoon some filling onto the centre of one cut-out and place the lolly stick in the middle
4. Cover with the second identical cut-out
5. Pinch the edges of your two cut-outs together to seal them
6. Lightly glaze with a beaten egg and sprinkle on the sesame seeds
7. Cover an oven tray with baking paper and place your parcels on top
8. Bake at 200ºC for 15-20 mins
Tuesdays: from 5.30 to 7pm
Wednesdays: from 5.30 to 7pm
Thursdays: from 5.30 to 7pm
Saturdays: from 11am to 1pm
Weekly workshops also run throughout Christmas,
Easter and the summer holidays
Carolina Rincón is a graduate of San Sebastian Catering College. After working under top Basque chefs Martin Berasategui, Juan Mari Arzak, David de Jorge and Andoni de Luis, she went on to train as a specialist in Diet and Nutrition. She now runs a series of cookery workshops in which she teaches the younger members of our society not only how to cook, but also to develop healthy eating habits.
And what better way to get to know our food than learning how to cook?